Thank you for reaching out to me. I am grateful for your interest in my blog and my work. Here are answers to some frequently asked questions...
- If you have a question about a particular post, please e-mail me with your comments. I respond to genuinely curious and engaged readers as my schedule permits. Healthy and respectful disagreements are also welcome, but I will not reply to angry, abusive, threatening, or off-topic commentary.
- If you are interested in having me speak at your event, please visit my Events & Appearances page for details. I respond favorably to invitations that are a good match for my schedule and my areas of interest and expertise.
- If you are interested in reposting or reprinting one of my blog posts, please be courteous and seek my permission first before republishing any original content created here. Substantive use of original content published here or in my book without my prior consent or proper attribution may be viewed as plagiarism and would violate the terms of my copyright and my contract with my book publisher.
- If you need advice on finding a long lost ancestor, please know that while I am happy to offer suggestions on where to begin your search, I am not a professional genealogist and I do not provide comprehensive historical research services. For these types of inquiries, I believe you would be better served by hiring a professional researcher.
- If you are looking for a specific blog post, search the Archives page on my blog. You can use the search engine to find keywords published here, and I've also posted links to several of my most popular posts on the Archives page of this site.
- While I occasionally write book reviews, I do so as a particular book I'm reading moves me to do. I do not accept requests to review new books or published material. Additionally, I do not respond to unsolicited requests to write guest posts for my blog. Any guest posts published here are from writers, scholars, and public historians whom I've personally sought out to share their perspectives on topics of mutual interest.
- Also, I do not reply to offers requesting time to discuss your latest business or marketing venture. I'm sure your idea is brilliant, but it's just not for me. I do hope you'll understand this and respect my time and my privacy.
- I have recently taken a step back from my daily use of social media to focus more of my time on research and writing for our next book project, but I still maintain a presence on a number of online platforms. The Posterity Project continues to be my home base and my main professional point of contact on social media. For additional information, my About.me site pulls all of my social media connections together into one page, viewable on the About.me website or at GordonBelt.com.
- If you have a comment or a question not addressed above, please feel free to e-mail me.