Now, East Tennessee PBS is set to air the documentary in May, and has posted air times and no less than four interviews with historians who were consulted on this film project...
Here are transcripts from some of the interviews. For anyone interested in early Tennessee history, these interviews are definitely worth a read:
- Dr. Kevin Barksdale, Marshall University
- Dr. John Finger, University of Tennessee
- Dr. Penny McLaughlin, Tipton-Hayes State Historic Area, Johnson City
- Dr. Michael Toomey, Lincoln Memorial University
I hope that the producers of this film make it available to those of us living outside the East Tennessee region. This is an important part of Tennessee history that deserves to be seen by a wider audience.
- Story of short-lived state retold in locally produced documentary - Knoxville News Sentinel
- Nolichucky Pictures
- Nolichucky Pictures on Facebook
- John Sevier and Historical Memory - The Posterity Project